Tuesday 4 August 2015

Jake Evans - Day One

I wasn't expecting anything. I'm not hearing a lot of indie music nowadays, I'm mainly hearing chillout, funky, latin and afrobeat, so I just heard it because he's the guy from Bad Lieutenant. Well it's not a complete masterpiece, but it often sounds like the best Doves and there are some truly great songs with great guitar and tunes. Check Rise which recalls a bit Swervedriver, Telephone with a guitar riff Noel Gallagher would kill for, Glorious which is a bit new wave-ish, makes me think of The Psychedelic Furs with Johnny Marr, and maybe the best track Last One Standing, a mighty tune with a powerful bass embraced by beautiful keyboards, and another wonderful guitar riff. A revelation.


Last One Standing on YouTube


Day One on Spotify



No comments :

Post a Comment