Friday 8 March 2013

Controluce - Manichini



I thought it was about time after 15 years. This song (Mannequins) has been available on a personal site (A New Order Fan of course) about 10 years ago but then disappeared when I moved the site to a blog. I always thought I should reupload it but never actually did it.
Controluce (Backlight) was the band with my sister Serena singing, myself on bass, Marco at the guitar and Luca at the drums. We were inspired by what we had been listening up to then, mainly new wave and shoegazing, and by a really vital scene in Italy we wanted to be part of. We were actually quite naive (though I still think this is a little nice song for what we wanted to do) and some personal issues led to the split just after recording this demo.
If I had the time to do music now, I'd do it really different from that, I'd try to mix fidget house, dembow and afrobeat. But back then all I wanted was to sound like Peter Hook. On the cheapest bass.

No comments :

Post a Comment