Thursday 29 December 2011

miXpost and reMixpost merge into Mick's Transmission

This is not exactly a new blog, but more like a merging between my two previous blogs, miXpost and reMixpost.
miXpost was more like a proper blog with posts and wasn't updated really often.
reMixpost was an archive of content taken from the web, from Facebook events to YouTube videos, and posted through Amplify.
Amplify has recently become increasingly unreliable, posts often fail or take a very long time, and I realised I can copy and paste basically everything from a site in the same way I did with Amplify straight on a Blogger post.
I also wanted to get rid of the name "mixpost" which looked like a clever idea at the time, but I just need something simpler and representative of the new attitude in posting stuff, which is more like sharing stuff often than writing proper posts once in a while.
So I simply imported the posts of both blogs, removing duplicates, and will keep on posting everything on Mick's Transmission.
Transmission is a good name, it gives the idea of sharing the information.
It's also one of Joy Division's most beautiful songs.
And Joy Division, AKA New Order, are my favourite band.

No comments :

Post a Comment