Wednesday 3 December 2008

Mick on Facebook

I've always had doubts about joining Facebook.
I don't like that you have, unlike MySpace, to join before seeing profiles.
I don't like that if you don't know already one member at least, you can't know anyone else.
I've been on the web since the mid-nineties, and I've always liked how it's open and interactive, I don't like anything putting barriers between contents or people.
This said, since everyone is already there, I just had to try.
And you know what, once inside, I really like it.
I like how it integrates everything on the wall, all the things you write and do everywhere can be reached from the profile. And you can reply to everything as well. It's like the perfect hybrid between a microblog, a chat and a forum, and there are groups for every possible interest which can make you meet other like-minded people.
The paradox is Facebook puts barriers to the outside world, but once you're in, it's all open and interactive. So it's cool after all, you just have to do the effort to join.
You certainly know one person on Facebook.
It's of no use to resist, you will be caught!
My profile

Grandmaster Flash - The Message (free streaming on Jango)

No comments :

Post a Comment